Thread: ERROR: java.net.unknownhostexception (WORKGROUP;192.168.1.133)

Newb
    Thanks

ERROR: java.net.unknownhostexception (WORKGROUP;192.168.1.133)

Originally received an error with 204.232.137.207 address. Read about using server IP address. ERROR: java.net.unknownhostexception (WORKGROUP;192.168.1.133) Failed to connect to server.

Ensured CIFS is enabled on router, (DD-WRT) currently sharing between 8 different machines so 100% certain network is setup correctly. No user/pass required.

Please provide support

HTC EVO / Linksys E2000 router / Windows 7 OS

Valued contributor
    Thanks
    Hi Lance,
    I dont test the no username/password combination, except towards a thompson router/nas, since it is both unsafe and not treated the same on all systems. It may possibly not work. What if you create a special user account only for this app?
    The indication of not being able to connect may indicate some other issue. Do you have a custom rom?

Newb
    Thanks
    I was able to get it working...even though my PC's are in workgroup "Mayfields" I set the Sweet Home app to no workgroup and it came up!!! It's been working great for a week and now I got an error "BROWSING PROBLEM: 0XC000009a"

There were no changes in my network/PC/Android. Any ideas??

Newb
    Thanks
    I have been using Sweet Home for months. A few weeks ago I started getting the same exact issue as Lance. "BROWSING PROBLEM: 0XC000009a" How can we fix this?

Valued contributor
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting the update. I am just about to make a release of a 3.146 ALFA, in which I made some fundamental changes to how I deal with workgroup, username and password to make it safer and hopefully better. Please try the update and let me know if that solves this issue (which I have not been able to reproduce on my own network).

Newb
    Thanks
    I uninstalled the Pro version and installed the new alpha version. I'm still getting the same errors. "Browsing problem: Failed to connect: Workgroup/184.106.15.239. I'm not sure where it is getting that number from. My IP is set to 192.168.0.6.