Thread: Not finding any network devices

Newb
    Thanks

Not finding any network devices

I know I'm going to love Sweet Home once I can get it to work. Going by all the great reviews, I must be the only person not able to get it to do anything. Even the other thread in this forum is finding a device. I am getting nothing.

My network is setup fine. I have setup shared folders on both my main PC and a NAS connected directly to my router. I can use the shared folders from my PC. My phone finds and uses the network just fine. Yet, Sweet Home cannot find any network devices and after about a minute of searching, I got the error "Browsing problem: Failed to connect: WORKGROUP/204.232.137.207".

I have my Home WiFi network set correctly, have no username/password on the folders. I have tried various combinations of advanced settings. I've tried manually entering my router's ip, my pc's ip, etc. Nothing. I've read through the help several times. There just aren't any other options in the app, so it must be something in my network/shared setup. But again, my network is working great otherwise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would the more stable pay version possibly fix this issue?

Valued contributor
    Thanks
    Are you having the default workgroup WORKGROUP?

There is a strange IP address appended at the end of your error message, and I suspect that is not a local address on your network, so possibly for some reason your phone is searching a strange place for the host lookup even if connected to your home network. You may consult the jcifs.samba.org for messages similar to that and see if you find good advice if you are technically inclined. What phone do you have?

Thanks
    Just a thought Mojave, but do you use OpenDNS as your DNS provider? I used to get addresses in that range for my local network all the time when I used OpenDNS.
    Check out the Home Network Articles and tell me what you would like to see!