Thread: jcifs.smb.SmbAuthExcepion: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

Newb
    Thanks

jcifs.smb.SmbAuthExcepion: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

jcifs.smb.SmbAuthExcepion: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

I finally got it to connect to my computer and see my files and when I click UPLOAD, it flashes to a progress bar for a second then I get this message. I tried designating a different folder and got the same issue. The username and password are correct because anything else and it won't connect. It just won't upload any files. I am so close, I can taste it! This is the type of app I've been looking for. If I can get it to work correctly and consistently, I'll gladly buy the purchased version. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Newb
    Thanks

Tried changing target folder

Tried changing the target folder and still having the same issue. Tried deleting and creating new folder and still same issue.

Newb
    Thanks
    Still having same issue. I'm dead in the water for now

Newb
    Thanks
    no feedback from anyone? I've disabled my firewall, done everything I know how to do, and still can't get it to upload. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Is this computer on a domain or a homegroup? What's the credentials you are using? Have you tried IP address of the computer? I'm not sure the developer frequents these forums anymore.
    Check out the Home Network Articles and tell me what you would like to see!

Newb
    Thanks
    Hi,

I downloaded the app today and had exactly the same issue. I ended up switching to another app, but I wanted to still post here to state that this does not seem to be an isolated issue.

I don't know if it can help but I have spaces in the password. Other characters in login & password are standard.

Good luck fixing this

Newb
    Thanks
    It's on a homegroup at my house. I'm using the username and password to log into my computer. That's the only way I can even see the file system. Nothing else will get me that far. Yes, I've tried the IP address of the computer and run into the same wall. I can't figure it out...it's driving me nuts. It seems like it should be something very simple but I just can't find the answer. Thanks for responding.

Farewell, what app did you change to?

Newb
    Thanks
    I had the exact same problem but I was lucky enough to find a workaround. My problem originated in having my computer login account name in the format of "Firstname Lastname". Having a space in the login name seems to be a no no .

The solution was to create a new account on the computer without a space character in it. Works like a charm for me since. If the app creator reads this we might have a real solution with him including a couple of quote characters around the login name, instead of this workaround.

Newb
    Thanks
    Hey thanks for the response. My login is a single name. I may try it with ought any caps to see if that works though. So frustrating because I know I'm close to getting it...lol. thanks

Newb
    Thanks
    Hello,

sorry I forgot to answer your question last time. I switched to the app "SyncMe", and after trying it for a few weeks, I decided to pay for it so I could have the automatic backup everytime I connect to my wifi. It works very well for me.