Thread: Network Scan in v3 not finishing in rare cases

Home Network Guru
    Thanks

Network Scan in v3 not finishing in rare cases

I've got a favor to ask. I've got a couple of users that are not able to use the network scan of LAN Speed Test v3. It gets to about 253 out of 255 and then sits there. I can't replicate it here. What's really strange is that for them, LAN Speed Test v2 works fine. I didn't change anything directly in that routine from v2 to v3. There must be something else that is affecting it in very rare cases. It's especially hard to troubleshoot this one myself since I can't replicate it.

That's where you come in. I'm just looking for - whoever can - to try it with your network, and if it doesn't get all the way through for you, to let me know with a brief summary of your network. You can email me at support@totusoft.com. Hopefully, if I get enough info, I'll be able to duplicate it here and find that little bug!

Thank you!

-Pete

Thanks
    Hi Pete,

FYI, it works for me. Win 7 64-bit
    Check out the Home Network Articles and tell me what you would like to see!

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    Everything works just fine for us as well on the following Operating Systems:

1. Windows 7 Ultimate 32- and 64-bit
    2. Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    3. Windows XP Professional

Here is our network setup:

Our gateway router is a Cisco SA540 and we have three access points (Cisco/Linksys E4200v1 routers in access point mode). Our cable modem is connected directly to our SA540 and our SA540 is connected directly to a smart switch (Netgear Prosafe GS724Tv3). Everyone, including the access points, is connected to the Netgear switch. Again, the only thing connected to the SA540 is the switch. We have several unmanaged D-Link switches throughout, but they too are connected to the Netgear switch.

All of our network gear and computers show up on the Network Scan window.

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info guys.

-Pete

Newb
    Thanks
    New registered user. The network scan hangs at 253 and sits. Windows 8 64bit on primary desktop system (where I'm running LAN Speed). Netgear WNDR3700 router, Motorola 6141 cable modem. Home user with standard connections, no elaborate network configuration. Disabled Norton firewall and scan still failed. Confirmed network sharing working with my Win7 laptop. What other info do you need?

Newb
    Thanks
    Has this been solved? I am using ver. 3.4.0 and getting same thing. It goes to 253 and never moves. I close thenetwork scan, the network button remains greyed out till I close the whole app and reopen.

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    Good news! I was finally able to track this bug down and squash it. Just uploaded version 3.5 with this fix.

-Pete