Thread: No Log FIle

Newb
    Thanks

No Log FIle

I just installed and Regitered verion 3.1.0 and even though I have cekcked the "Log Reults" checkbox, I don't see any information on the Log File when I click on the View Log button. Am I missing something?

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    Hi Jake,

I'm guessing this is with Windows 7? It sounds like it could be a rights issue with Windows 7. Make sure that you are logged in as a user instead of administrator. If that doesn't work, go to Options, and click on the debug windows. The last entry should be your log file location. Verify that you have rights to open and write to that file.

-Pete

Newb
    Thanks
    Hi Pete;
    Yes, this is on Windows 7. The log file is located at: LogFile: C:\Users\jjacobse\AppData\Roaming\Totusoft\LAN Speed Test\LST Log.csv.
    I do have access and can edit and save the file in Excel. I have discovered that if, after running a test, I click the Minimum, Average, or Maximum and select "Add to Log" the appropriate information is added to the Log file. But there is nothing else logged..

Jake

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    Hi Jake,

Thanks for the info! I discovered the nasty bug. It is fixed and will be released with the next update hopefully this weekend. This update also includes email support - to be able to email results manually, after every test, or just when below a certain speed (can be used as an alarm). I will not be sending an email this time, so be on the lookout - or enable the 'Check for update online at startup' option.

-Pete

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    LAN Speed Test v3.2 is now available and fixes the logging issues (along with the new email options)

-Pete