Thread: Error Writing file on LST Server over IPSEC Tunnel

Newb
    Thanks

Error Writing file on LST Server over IPSEC Tunnel

I have recently purchased a single copy of LST Server and an unlimited license for LAN Speed Test. The purpose is to verify that our remote locations have the required bandwidth for our applications.

If I attempt the test on a workstation on the local LAN and point it to the server I have LST Server running on, I have no issues.

If I attempt to test on a workstation connected over an IPSEC tunnel and point it to a file share, I have no issues.

However, if I attempt to test on a workstation connected over an IPSEC tunnel and point it to the server I have LST Server running on, I get the following; "Error Writing to Server..."

What could be the issue?

I see the attempt in the log on the LST Server but it states "Client Closing Connection". I have verified that I can access port 4456 from the machine in remote location, in fact it works using the file share.

Thanks,
    Major

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    Hi Major,

I think the issue sounds like the client is timing out on you. This was an issue with LAN Speed Test v2 when the packet takes longer to send/receive than it thinks it should. This would happen on slower connections, and has been fixed in the very soon to be released v3.0. In the mean time, try adjusting your test packet size to 100KB or less. Does this fix the issue? You can also try the latest LAN Speed Test (Lite) v1.2. Also, make sure that you are using the latest version of LST Server (v1.2). This issue has been fixed in those versions. Please let me know.

-Pete

Newb
    Thanks
    Changing that to a 100KB file worked, thanks!

Question on version 3.0, will my license allow me to run that version?

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    Glad to hear! Unlimited licensees get free upgrades for the life of the product.

-Pete

Newb
    Thanks

Same issue, different version

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Changing that to a 100KB file worked, thanks!

Question on version 3.0, will my license allow me to run that version?
    This did not work for me, however, setting it to 90KB did. ???? Any thoughts? v.1.3.0
    Oddly, I am actually trying not over IPSEC, but over wireless. If I'm LAN, the same exact test works fine, but wirelessly, only the write side works, the read side gives me an error.

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    Hi Carvwa,

What version of LAN Speed Test are you using? Version 3 should fix this issue.

From the 'What's New' section...
    'C - Fixed the timeout issues with slower WAN connections. Timeout occurred if a packet took longer than 5 seconds to send/receive. The new logic allows up to 60 seconds.'

-Pete