Thread: 128 Writing, 156 Reading

Home Network Guru
    Thanks

128 Mbps writing, 156 Mbps reading

Host: Sony Laptop (VGNAR730E) - Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate with stock Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN with latest drivers (v13.4.0.139) running LAN Speed Test Server
    Client: HP Desktop (P6720F) - Windows 7 64-bit Home Professional with Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8053 based Ethernet Controller with latest drivers (v11.45.4.3) running LAN Speed Test v2.0
    Router: Cisco SA540
    AP: Cisco/Linksys E4200 v1 in *bridge mode* (which is what they call their AP mode; dumbs router down to AP only)

WLAN.jpg
    Last edited by counsil; 07-24-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks
    Wow, those are some nice wireless speeds! I've been WAY bested, time to go examine and run a few more tests.
    Check out the Home Network Articles and tell me what you would like to see!

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott DeLeeuw View Post
    Wow, those are some nice wireless speeds! I've been WAY bested, time to go examine and run a few more tests.
    It could simply be the packet size value that I used? Or it could be that the three E4200 v1's that we use as AP's are dumbed to just that, AP's. Their CPUs don't have to do anything else like SPI firewill, NAT, upnp, etc.

I forgot to mention that I was a couple of rooms away from any one of our AP's and the laptop was using the 5 Ghz band (channel 149).

Your LAN throughput speeds are awesome. I'm the one that's been bested.