Thread: Run as window service on WHS

Newb
    Thanks

Run as window service on WHS

Is their a way to run this program as a service on WHS V1. I would like to have this program always running on my server so that I can check it periodically from different places on my network.

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    I don't have any experience with Windows Home Server. Does LST Server run under it? Being able to run LST Server as a service is on the to-do list in a future update. In the mean time, you can run LST Server as a service using a program like WinServ.

-Pete

Newb
    Thanks
    I did a search for the winserv and found that it is no longer available. But yes this software runs great under WHS V1 and WHS 2011.

Home Network Guru
    Thanks
    That's great to hear! Thanks for the info. Winserv is available from http://www.sw4me.com/wiki/Winserv. Winserv is very simple to use - just put the Winserv.exe into the same directory as LST_Server (must be a local directory), and then use a command similar to 'Winserv install LST_Server LST_Server.exe'. You will then have to go into the services UI, select LST_Server and choose to 'Start Automatically' and then start it. There are many other options and ways to use it - just look at the readme or type Winserv -help for more info.

-Pete